Monday 12 December 2016

The Final Product: Jaywalk Music Video (Aleksandra Pryt)

The Final product:


Moving from the third draft to the final product:

While I had given up on the short fragment where one word of our actor's lip synch is a bit belated, audience feedback had urged me to work on it with 75% having said it has a major impact on the realism of the video. 
It had been suggested that I put another part of footage in to cover this but I didn't want the pace of the song to be effected by a cutaway that is just placed in to mask a mistake; the verses are very slow so adding more cuts would not be suitable, especially in such a short space of time.
Therefore I had gone back to the third draft and tried some precise editing. I used the blade tool to cut the particular bit of footage in half just before the singer sings 'whole' which is the belated word, after which i had trimmed the empty space between the two words and moved the two (now separate) footage pieces together, simultaneously making sure the lip synch matches the song.

This is the final version of my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment