Thursday 1 December 2016

Mini Pitch_playing Sport Jhus

Operating from the grime stronghold of Stratford, the 20-year-old has amassed a huge following in the blink of an eye thanks to a unique synthesis of styles and a fearless desire to maintain his own identity. J Hus started to accumulate wider attention last year, thanks to a handful of fiery freestyle videos filmed around his native Newham. The youngster’s stock was propelled even further following the release of his anthemic ‘Dem Boy Paigon’; a simple but remarkably infectious hybrid of afrobeats and road rap, the tune has been receiving riotous receptions across the British capital all year. Since then J has showed no sign of slowing down, dropping one of the UK’s best mixtapes of the year (The 15th Day) and displaying his versatility with playful, radio-friendly hit ‘Lean & Bop’

Image result for J HUs MCs in the UK can currently match the reaction J Hus has been eliciting in venues up and down the country. “When I first started doing shows, the first show I went to, I said to one of my friends: ‘We’re going to perform now. If the crowd don’t react how we want them to, we’ll just perform to each other.’ We did our thing and the crowd just loved it. I don’t know why but the first time I performed I didn’t have any nerves, I just performed and did my thing. So from there, I just got mad used to it and the crowd, I don’t know, it’s a feeling I can’t explain.”

No comments:

Post a Comment